Friday, September 19, 2014

Genderqueer

I realize that we have been ignoring genderqueer.

So now, I'm gonna put an end to that.

Transgenders, if you did not know, are people who want to be the opposite gender. There are also agenders, who are people who do not refer to themselves as any gender, and genderfluids, who switch between genders depending on their mood. Genderqueer is a term that can be used to refer to everyone who doesn't agree with their physical sex. If you aren't Genderqueer, then you are considered a Cisgender.

Alot of people don't know about Transgenders. In fact, the gender binary that we have become so familiar with isn't even real. If you don't know, biological gender is defined by a thing called chromosomes. We are told by many that there are two combinations of chromosomes: XX(female), and XY(male). In fact, there are many, many more.

Sorry if i'm not right about this - I'm no science expert.

Also, our email! If you read this blog, and you feel left out, tell us! We really want to include everyone, so tell us if we're forgetting something! You can find our email on the about page.

1 comment:

  1. Damian,

    I just want you to know how amazing this is. The work you and the rest of the crew are doing is so impressive and beyond that of most adults, let alone middle schoolers. I wasn't aware of the term "genderqueer" until I went to college! You're truly inspiring and I'm so honored that I get the opportunity to both teach you and learn from you.

    Best,
    Mr. Michael

    ReplyDelete